RECONNECTING ARTISTS & AUDIENCES:
WEST END STARS OFFER FANS FIRST
EVER LIVE STAGE+STREAMING GIG
Powerhouse vocalists, famed for their West End
reign in musical SIX, will reunite live for in-person
and at-home audiences, powered by Thespie
• The Reunion is the first stage+streaming concert performance by seven powerhouse vocalists who rose to fame as the original West End queens of the musical SIX: Aimie Atkinson, Alexia McIntosh, Grace Mouat, Jarneia Richard-Noel, Maiya Quansah-Breed, Millie O’Connell, and Natalie Paris.
• Streamed globally, with live performances in an intimate, COVID-secure venue (previously host to artists like Iggy Azalea and Thom Yorke) now reimagined for safe, seated shows.
• Powered by theatre platform Thespie which is reconnecting artists and audiences, offering 1500+ global streaming and digital resources for theatre and the arts, London theatre listings, and now ticketing and streaming support for artists.
• Drawing on themes of girl power and sisterhood, The Reunion will feature songs by celebrated female pop artists and touch on the artists’ bonds, on stage and off.
• Thespie is built and run by a team of theatre lovers with extensive tech and theatre credentials from Amazon, Disney, TodayTix, ATG, Encore Tickets, Met Opera, and more.
The Reunion brings together seven of the UK’s top vocal powerhouses for an epic evening of empowering pop music in a unique intimate venue.
Performing together for the first time since their reign as the original West End queens of the musical SIX, these women are close friends on stage and off, and have been eager to perform together again. They shared: “We are beyond thrilled and excited to be back together again with our reunion show! and with an actual LIVE audience! We cannot wait to belt out some of our favourite girl power anthems and bring our fans an epic show they will never forget!”
The Reunion stars Aimie Atkinson, Alexia McIntosh, Grace Mouat, Jarneia Richard-Noel, Maiya Quansah-Breed, Millie O’Connell, and Natalie Paris. Each has an Olivier Award nomination, prestigious theatrical and concert credits, and they have been featured on studio recordings, cast albums and concert livestreams spanning musical theatre and pop.
The live performances and streaming are ticketed and run by theatre platform Thespie which aims to be the most trusted way to discover theatre and the arts. Thespie launched in May as a means to keep people connected to theatre and the arts during lockdown, and now offers more than 1,500 digital streaming listings as well as audio, theatre ebooks, and educational resources, including nearly 400 productions to stream for free. Now that London live indoor theatre performances can safely resume, Thespie has expanded to develop ways to help artists resume working safely in the current conditions.
Commenting on the announcement, Thespie founder Tyler Stoops said: “These incredibly talented artists are the ideal collaborators to deliver a thrilling performance for in-person and at-home audiences simultaneously. So many people are ready to experience incredible shows again and are happy to follow robust, simple-to-follow safety measures, so we’re proud to be solving the operational challenges that can get artists working again.”
Performances will be held in Oval Space, a spacious and well-ventilated East London venue that has been entirely reimagined for safe, seated music and theatre performances. The seating plan is entirely flexible which allows seating to be customised to the audience that books. Audiences book for themselves and their household or support bubble only (to a maximum of six), and Thespie’s technology determines a seat plan that ensures safe spacing between households and optimises use of the space. Audiences receive their seating assignment and scannable digital ticket prior to the event.
Additional safety measures in place include:
• Time indoors is minimised using ample outdoor space and the terrace bar,
• Scannable digital tickets, with no paper tickets or box office collection,
• Seating is by household/support bubble with appropriate distance between each,
• Masks are required and should be worn whenever feasible,
• Thorough cleaning of all customer areas between performances,
• If the performance cannot proceed, purchasers will automatically be refunded.
The global livestream will take place at 9:30PM BST on Saturday, 10 October and will be available in over 100 countries, with several local currency prices available. Advance purchase of a Household Livestream Pass is £12.50 (or $15 US) if booked before 30 September. One pass entitles the purchaser to view with their entire household live, or on-demand for 72 hours following the initial livestream. Repeat viewing is permitted, but a pass can only be used on a single account and a single device. Livestream Pass prices rise in October to £15 ($18 US).
Live tickets are £35-£55 and can be booked at https://thespie.com/TheReunion.
Thespie is a comprehensive online resource to help audiences engage with theatre and the performing arts, and helps artists and arts organisations reach new audiences. Artists, producers and arts organisations interested in adding their show listings and theatre streaming to Thespie can learn more at https://thespie.com/submissions.