OLIVIER AWARDS WITH MASTERCARD ANNOUNCES ITS BROADCAST & CEREMONY PLANS FOR 2018
- OLIVIER AWARDS RETURN TO ITV ON SUNDAY 8 APRIL AT 22:20
- WORLDWIDE BROADCAST (EX-UK) AT SAME TIME VIA THE OLIVIER AWARDS FACEBOOK PAGE
- RADIO COVERAGE LIVE BY MAGIC RADIO IN UK AND SIRIUS XM IN USA
- OLIVIER AWARDS RETURN TO CHINA VIA IQIYI
- THE SUCCESSFUL RED CARPET LIVE SHOW RETURNS VIA THE OLIVIER AWARDS FACEBOOK PAGE
- SPECIAL PERFORMANCES IN THE CEREMONY WILL INCLUDE:
- CHITA RIVERA, IN REFERENCE TO THE 60TH ANNIVERSARY OF HER OPENINGWEST SIDE STORY IN LONDON, WILL PERFORM SOMEWHERE ACCOMPANIED BY LAST YEAR’S WINNERS, ANDY KARL AND ADAM J. BERNARD AND THE ARTS EDUCATIONAL SCHOOLS LONDON CHOIR
- A UNIQUE MOMENT IN HONOUR OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER AND TIM RICE’S ICONIC MUSICAL JOSEPH & THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT WITH PAST STARS RETURNING INCLUDING JASON DONOVAN AND LINZI HATELEY, LEE MEAD AND PREEYA KALIDAS, AND JOE McELDERRY AND DANIELLE HOPE
- PERFORMANCES FROM NOMINATED MUSICALS INCLUDING: THE CAST OFHAMILTON; JOHN McCREA AND THE CAST OF EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE; SHEILA ATIM AND THE CAST OF GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY; LESLEY JOSEPH AND THE CAST OF YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN; TRACIE BENNETT FROM FOLLIES; AND THE CAST OF 42ND STREET
The Olivier Awards with Mastercard is delighted to announce further details about its broadcast and ceremony plans on Sunday 8 April 2018.
The Awards will continue its successful partnerships with ITV and Facebook. The Biggest Night In British Theatre: The Olivier Awards will broadcast on ITV on Sunday 8 April from 22:20. It will also broadcast worldwide at the same time, outside the UK, on the Olivier Awards Facebook page. The Oliviers will broadcast in China via iQiyi on Tuesday 10 April.
The Awards will also continue its partnership with Magic Radio who will broadcast the entire show live on Sunday 8 April, hosted by Alice Arnold and Olivier Award-winner Ruthie Henshall, with build-up on air from 18:00. Sirius XM will broadcast the show via radio in the US.
The Red Carpet Live show will return this year from 16:00 to 17:30, with a special interval Backstage show at 19:00, both shown exclusively on the Olivier Awards Facebook page.
There will be performances from a variety of Olivier-nominated musicals. The cast of Hamilton, which has a record-breaking thirteen nominations and is the most nominated production in Oliviers history, will open the show with its opening track Alexander Hamilton.
American musical theatre legend Chita Rivera will perform the iconic West Side Story track Somewhere with Andy Karl (Olivier Award 2017 winner for his performance in Groundhog Day), Adam J. Bernard (Olivier Award 2017 winner for his performance in Dreamgirls), and the Arts Educational Schools London Choir, to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the production debuting in London.
A unique moment in honour of the 50th anniversary of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s iconic musical Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat will take place, with past stars returning including Jason Donovan and Linzi Hateley, Lee Mead and Preeya Kalidas, and Joe McElderry and Danielle Hope.
Performances from nominated musicals will include: the cast of Hamilton; John McCrea and the cast of Everybody’s Talking About Jamie; Sheila Atim and the cast of Girl From The North Country; Lesley Joseph and the cast of Young Frankenstein; Tracie Bennett from Follies; and the cast of 42nd Street.
Widely recognised as the most prestigious stage honours, this year’s Olivier Awards return to the Royal Albert Hall and will be hosted by Catherine Tate.
Mastercard continues its partnership with Society of London Theatre and its headline sponsorship of the Olivier Awards, bringing cardholders with a passion for theatre closer to the genre they love