James L. Nederlander, Jamie Wilson, Hunter Arnold, Crossroads Live, Playful Productions and The English National Opera
the Lincoln Center Theater production of
LERNER & LOEWE’S
MY FAIR LADY
Book and Lyrics by ALAN JAY LERNER
Music by FREDERICK LOEWE
Directed by BARTLETT SHER
- FULL CASTING LINE UP FOR MY FAIR LADY IS ANNOUNCED AS THE SHOW BEGINS REHEARSALS
- STEPHEN K AMOS WILL PLAY ALFRED P. DOOLITTLE AND MALCOLM SINCLAIR WILL PLAY COLONEL PICKERING
- THEY JOIN THE PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED AMARA OKEREKE AS ELIZA DOOLITTLE, HARRY HADDEN-PATON AS HENRY HIGGINS, VANESSA REDGRAVE AS MRS HIGGINS, MAUREEN BEATTIE AS MRS PEARCE AND SHARIF AFIFI AS FREDDY EYNSFORD-HILL
- THE FULL COMPANY IS COMPLETED WITH DAMMI AREGBESHOLA, BERNADETTE BANGURA, JOSEPH CLAUS, JORDAN CROUCH, JAMIE CRUTTENDEN, FRANCESSCA DANIELLA-BAKER, BARRY DRUMMOND, BETHANY HUCKLE, HEATHER JACKSON, EMMA JOHNSON, CHARLOTTE KENNEDY, SINEAD KENNY, JENNY LEGG, TOM LIGGINS, REBEKAH LOWINGS, CARL PATRICK, TOM PING, DOMINIQUE PLANTER, JOSEPH POULTON, JOHN STACEY, JOSHUA STEEL, OLIVER TESTER, ADAM VAUGHAN, ANNIE WENSAK AND PAUL WESTWOOD
- DIRECTED BY BARTLETT SHER, THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED AND MULTI AWARD WINNING PRODUCTION FEATURES 36 MUSICIANS FROM THE ENGLISH NATIONAL OPERA’S AWARD-WINNING ORCHESTRA PLAYING FREDERICK LOEWE’S RAVISHING SCORE
- FULL COMPANY REHEARSALS BEGIN ON 4 APRIL AHEAD OF THE FIRST PREVIEW ON 7 MAY AND OFFICIAL OPENING ON 18 MAY
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR THE STRICTLY LIMITED SEASON AT THE LONDON COLISEUM UNTIL 27 AUGUST FROM WWW.MYFAIRLADYMUSICAL.CO.UK
Producers are delighted to announce the full cast line up for Bartlett Sher’s glorious and lavish production of My Fair Lady at the London Coliseum.
Stephen K Amos will play the role of Alfred P. Doolittle. Stephen is a BAFTA award-winning comedian whose stage work includes My Night With Reg and One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. Malcolm Sinclairwill play the role of Colonel Pickering. Malcolm has performed in more than 50 theatrical productions and was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the 2019 Olivier Awards for his performance in Pressure at The Ambassador’s Theatre.
They join the previously announced Amara Okereke who will star as Eliza Doolittle, Harry Hadden-Paton who reprises his performance as Henry Higgins, Dame Vanessa Redgrave who will play Mrs Higgins, Maureen Beattie who will play Mrs Pearce and Sharif Afifi who will play Freddy Eynsford-Hill.
The full company is completed with Dammi Aregbeshola, Bernadette Bangura, Joseph Claus, Jordan Crouch, Jamie Cruttenden, Francessca Daniella-Baker, Barry Drummond, Bethany Huckle, Heather Jackson, Emma Johnson, Charlotte Kennedy, Sinead Kenny, Jenny Legg, Tom Liggins, Rebekah Lowings, Carl Patrick, Tom Ping, Dominique Planter, Joseph Poulton, John Stacey, Joshua Steel, Oliver Tester, Adam Vaughan, Annie Wensak and Paul Westwood.
New York’s Lincoln Center Theater’s critically acclaimedand multi award-winning production of Lerner & Loewe’s much loved My Fair Lady will transfer to the London Coliseum for a limited summer engagement in what will be the first major West End revival of the show for 21 years. The season comes as part of the ongoing celebrated tradition of summer musicals at the London Coliseum. The perfect way to celebrate London’s theatre scene as it blossoms once more after the pandemic. Performances begin on 7 May 2022 with an opening night on 18 May 2022.
Tickets are on sale now from www.myfairladymusical.co.uk
Directed by Bartlett Sher, this sublime production, which premiered in the spring of 2018 at Lincoln Center’s Vivian Beaumont Theater, was the winner of the Tony Award for Best Costume Design, 5 Outer Critics’ Circle Awards including Best Musical Revival, the Drama League Award for Outstanding Musical Revival, and the Drama Desk Awards for Best Musical Revival and Costume Design. The London production will feature 36 musicians from the English National Opera’s award-winning Orchestra playing Frederick Loewe’s ravishing score making it the largest orchestra in the West End.
My Fair Lady tells the story of Eliza Doolittle, a young Cockney flower seller, and Henry Higgins, a linguistics professor who is determined to transform her into his idea of a “proper lady”. But who is really being transformed?
With a book and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe, MY FAIR LADYboasts a score including the classic songs “I Could Have Danced All Night,” “Get Me to the Church on Time,” “Wouldn’t It Be Loverly,” “On the Street Where You Live,” “The Rain in Spain,” and “I’ve Grown Accustomed to Her Face.”
“Thrilling! Glorious and better than it ever was! A marvellous and transformative revival.”
New York Times
Adapted from George Bernard Shaw’s play and Gabriel Pascal’s motion picture Pygmalion, Lerner & Loewe’s MY FAIR LADY premiered on Broadway in March 1956, winning 6 Tony Awards including Best Musical, and becoming the longest-running musical in Broadway history at the time. Following this success, the production transferred to London in 1958, where it played in the West End for five and a half years.
MY FAIR LADY has seen many notable revivals and adaptations, including the acclaimed 1964 film starring Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison, which won eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture. Most recently on the London stage, Cameron Mackintosh’s 2001 revival at Theatre Royal Drury Lane won three Olivier Awards, and later toured across the UK and Ireland in 2005.
James L. Nederlander, Jamie Wilson, Hunter Arnold, Crossroads Live, Playful Productions and the English National Opera present the Lincoln Center Theater production ofLerner & Loewe’s MY FAIR LADY. Book and Lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner, Music by Frederick Loewe, sets by Michael Yeargan, costumes by Catherine Zuber, lighting by Donald Holder, sound by Marc Salzberg, hair & wigs by Tom Watson, musical direction by Gareth Valentine, musical supervision by Ted Sperling, choreography by Christopher Gattelli, directed by Bartlett Sher.