Have you ever sung along to your favourite cast recording and dreamt of appearing on an album yourself? Well now is your chance with this amazing opportunity to appear on a forthcoming album of new musical theatre songs, alongside some of the most exciting talent that the West End has to offer.
The album, “To Do. To Be.”, features songs written by West End star Tim Prottey-Jones (Once (Phoenix), Kinky Boots (Adelphi), Superstar (ITV)) and is set for release this Summer.
There’s one song left to record and, with the competition open to all ages, professional or amateur, it could be you singing it.
Entries will be shortlisted by Tim Prottey-Jones and a winner chosen by an esteemed collection of judges including Wicked star Rachel Tucker, Les Mis and Phantom legend Jon Owen-Jones, theatre critic Mark Shenton and What’s on Stage’s features and video editor Ben Hewis.
Artists that have appeared on Tim’s previous albums have included: Louise Dearman, Samantha Barks and Michael Xavier.
To be in with the chance of appearing alongside some of the West End’s finest, you must:
1. Upload a video of you singing a modern song or a piece of new musical theatre (a verse and chorus will be fine), to YouTube.
2. Use the words “TPJ Competition” In the title, along with your name and the song title.
3. Tweet @TimProtteyJones with the link to your video.
4. OR, you can e-mail your video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for entries is June 14 at 8pm and the winner will be announced in the week beginning 19 June.
Terms and Conditions
1. Recording will take place in the week beginning 19 June.
2. There is no payment for appearing on the album.
3. The winner will be responsible for any travel and accommodation costs incurred.
4. This prize is non-transferable.
5. By entering into this competition you agree for your entry to be shared online and on social media.